Saturday, July 6, 2013

More garden photos for Fertilizer Friday

Joining Tootsie Time for Fertilizer Friday, a blog one joins to "Flaunt Your Flowers". Check it out, people from all over the world will post and you can see what is happening in their gardens.

It's been less than a week since I went out to take some pictures. My last post was the garden and nursery tour  so I guess this is another tour. Well it's nice to sit at the computer and tour around other people's gardens. Looking at the pictures of other gardens always inspires me to work harder on my own.

Here's the latest tour:



Echinacea 'Hot Papaya' - brilliant orange -red, a real show-stopper





Hydrangea - lace-cap variety, very pretty lavender-blue, this is the first year it has really done anything, been in about 6 or 7 years.





Monarda 'Jacob Cline' - terrible habit, you can see the short purple one just behind it




Monarda-maybe 'Purple Rooster'? Was supposed to be 'Gardenview Scarlet' but I really like the habit of this one, has a beautiful dark green leaf as well.



I don't recall the name of this plummy-rose daylily but it's just starting to bloom




Lilium variety in a screaming hot-pink



This coral bell has held onto its blooms since May



First blueberries are ripe



The photo doesn't quite capture the delicate color of this Shasta Daisy. It is a soft, creamy yellow.





More Lilies in a hot orange color




Close-up of Stella D'Oro daylily. You've got to hand it to this all too overused variety, it is a prolific bloomer.




Red Bartlett Pear set on my scrawny pear tree. Espaliered pear on the back fence hasn't got a fruit on it and my Pear in the front yard is loaded but the fruit is so high up I don't think I'll be able to pick it!



Corydalis sempervirens. Grown from seed - sorry for the blurry photo but the blooms wouldn't stop moving in the breeze. Pretty little thing - I hope it proves relieble in the garden




A mess of parsley gone to seed




Had a shot of these last post, Coreopsis 'Full Moon' - pretty and soft creamy yellow. Easier color to use in the garden compared to those harsh brassy bright yellows.




And finally - the Sweet William hangs on, much of it has gone to seed. I need to cut back some and see if I can get it to rebloom and then of course, collect seed from the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I always appreciate feedback from other gardeners and bloggers.